Dear NEMAA Friends,
As many of you know, our talented executive director left for another opportunity. We credit her with providing organizational leadership during the past six years of growth. We are now engaged in finding a new executive director to pilot NEMAA’s success into the future. We seek a leader who will oversee the production of NEMAA’s promotional events, entrepreneurial development programs, and operational activities, while strategically focusing on building community partnerships and fundraising to ensure the fiscal sustainability and growth of the organization. We ask that you share this opportunity with your network! A full job description is provided and interested applicants can send their resume and letter of interest to email@example.com .
Interim Executive Director
NEMAA Executive Director Opportunity
NEMAA is seeking an executive director who will oversee the production of its promotional events, entrepreneurial development programs, and operational activities, while strategically focusing on building community partnerships and fundraising to ensure the fiscal sustainability and growth of the organization.
The Northeast Minneapolis Arts Association (NEMAA) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit arts organization serving over 900 primarily artist members, as well as the Northeast (NE) Minneapolis community, the city, and the metropolitan region. NEMAA fosters and supports a community where visual artists can work and showcase their art through connectivity with local businesses, political representatives, and the wider community in order to build a more vibrant, economically healthy and sustainable artistic milieu.
In service to its members, NEMAA produces three major showcasing events; Art-A-Whirl, Fall Fine Arts, and Wintertide. The organization produces an Artist Directory and Guide and hosts several mediums in which to promote and inform its membership. It also regularly conducts workshops, community planning efforts, and promotes tours and visits to the district. In the main, NEMAA has created a series of traditions in the effort to draw attention to the work of its member artists, as well as the spaces of production that exist within NE Minneapolis.
USA Today ranked Northeast Minneapolis the #1 arts district in the country in 2015, a distinction built on the work of NEMAA and its artist and community members over the past two-plus decades. The Art-A-Whirl open studio event draws upwards of 30,000 people to NE during a weekend in May, and the Fall Fine Arts and Wintertide gallery events host 850 and 1,200 guests respectively, on opening night. Arts activity is an acknowledged economic driver in NE, and the growth of the arts presence has raised interest in the neighborhoods of NE Minneapolis by businesses and residents. Therefore, NEMAA seeks a strategic visionary to shepherd the artists, their spaces of production and exhibition, and NEMAA’s events within a changing landscape.
Summary of Work:
· Work closely with the board of directors to envision and execute strategies in line with the organization’s mission and strategic plan
· Provide vision, leadership and strategies in the development and execution of a fundraising plan
· Provide vision, leadership and strategies in the fostering and development of new community partnerships and in the maintenance and growth of existing relationships
· Provide leadership and management oversight to enhance the production of NEMAA’s arts focused promotional events
· Provide direction to enhance and grow NEMAA’s entrepreneurial development workshops and toolkits
· Streamline operations and drive technological efficiencies in NEMAA’s day-to-day operations, providing mentorship and support to NEMAA staff
· Provide the board with a proposed annual budget and drive responsible fiscal management in partnership with the board to operate within the approved budget
· Work to enhance the NEMAA brand and reputation, working with the marketing contractor to further align marketing and promotional opportunities, directory ad sales, and the membership drive with established revenue strategies
· Work to ensure excellent member services in all aspects of NEMAA programs and operations
· Bachelor’s degree in business or nonprofit administration/management, urban studies/planning, arts and cultural leadership/administration, marketing, or related fields
· Demonstrated ability to work with board/executive leadership
· Demonstrated ability to innovatively form, foster and grow community partnerships/relationships
· Demonstrated ability to energetically strategize revenue producing activity/fundraise
· Demonstrated ability to write, garner and oversee management of grants
· Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff and contractors and provide guidance as a mentor
· Demonstrated ability to fiscally manage revenues and oversee operations
· Demonstrated ability to lead and manage innovative member service initiatives
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Broad knowledge of arts entrepreneurial needs and constraints
· Broad knowledge of creative industries and creative place making narratives
· MA/MBA or advanced degree equivalent
· Knowledge of the region’s arts based economy and networks
· Experience in advocacy roles
· Experience in collaborator roles or with community work
· Experience with media
· Experience with event planning
Review of candidate materials will begin at the close of business on August 18, 2016. All applications should include a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references. Address all materials to NEMAA Hiring committee and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants are encouraged to explore NEMAA’s website at https://nemaa.org/.
Application materials must be complete and received by the application deadline in order to be considered. EEO